Resources & Archive
- A complete list of the speakers, the titles of talks presented and the films shown at each of the past Graham Greene International Festivals.
- NEW! Past Festivals: day by day programmes, speaker profiles and session details.
- Information about the Berkhamsted School Special Collection of works by and about Graham Greene.
- An inventory of the Graham Greene Collection which is cared for by the Dacorum Heritage Trust Ltd.
- An unpublished study and selection of notable quotations in the works of Greene.
The Graham Greene Festival 2018 – talk recordings
Please click on the links below to listen to recordings of the talks from the 2018 Graham Greene Festival.
- Angela Allen & Brigitte Timmermann – Celebrating the 70th Anniversary of The Making of the Third Man
- Dr. Beatriz Valverde Jiménez – Known and Not-So-Known Literary Outcomes
- Father Markbosco – Coloring Catholicism Greene in the Age of Pope Francis
- Francois Gallix – the Book that Greene Never Wrote
- Jeremy Front – A Journey With Maps
- John Baxter – Adventures in the Greene Trade
- Jon Wise – Graham Greene’s ‘The Virtue of Disloyalty’
- Karin Hofler – The Third Man Museum
- Robin Lustig – Journalists and Novelists, Facts and Truth
- Roderick Strange – Graham Greene, Treachery and Trust
The Graham Greene Festival 2017 – talk recordings
Please click on the links below to listen to recordings of the talks from the 2017 Graham Greene Festival.
- Andrew Lownie – Guy Burgess, Soviet Spy and Graham Greene
- Louise Doughty – Writing Modern Fiction
- Mike Hill – Graham Greene Berkhamsted and the unfinished novel Lucius
- Peter James – Brighton and Beyond: Writing Modern Crime Fiction
- Pierre Joannon – Graham Greene and the Honorary Consul
- Professor Kevin Ruane – Our Man in Hanoi
- Professor Michael Meeuwis – Five Lives of the Congo Journal
- Rev Giles Fraser – The Priesthood and Graham Greene’s writing
- Tim Hetherington – Judging a book by its cover
The Graham Greene Festival 2019 – programme, speaker profiles and session details
Please click on the link below.
The Graham Greene International Festival – the complete listing
The Graham Greene International Festival has been an annual event in Berkhamsted since 1998. During that time the Trust organisers and festival directors have welcomed over 150 guest speakers and screened over forty films adapted from Greene’s books. Here, for the first time, is a complete listing of the speakers, the titles of their talks and the films which have been shown:
Berkhamsted School Special Collection
Details of the Berkhamsted School Special Collection can be accessed as a PdF by clicking the box below:
Graham Greene Collection
An outline summary of the 1,927 items in the Graham Greene Collection can be accessed by clicking the box below. This collection includes photographs, many taken at past festivals, audiotapes and dvds of talks given at the festivals, back numbers of A Sort of Newsletter, artwork including cartoons, newspaper cuttings of book reviews and some transcripts of interviews and essays.
Enquiries about accessing this important archive can be made by contacting the archivist via the email address on the Dacorum Heritage Trust website homepage: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graham Greene Quotations
The late Rudolf E. van Dalm’s study and selection of quotations, ‘Graham Greene at Random’, can be downloaded free as a PdF by clicking the tab below: