Resources & Archive
This page gives details of the Graham Greene related resources which are available via this website.
- A complete list of the speakers, the titles of talks presented and the films shown at each of the past Graham Greene International Festivals.
- NEW! Past Festivals: day by day programmes, speaker profiles and session details.
- Information about the Berkhamsted School Special Collection of works by and about Graham Greene.
- An inventory of the Graham Greene Collection which is cared for by the Dacorum Heritage Trust Ltd.
- An unpublished study and selection of notable quotations in the works of Greene.
The Graham Greene Festival 2021 and 2022 – talk recordings
Please click on the links below to listen to recordings of the talks from the 2021 and 2022 Graham Greene Festivals.
- Professor Richard Greene – Graham Greene Life and After the Life
- Ben Brown – A Splinter of Ice playwright
- Carlos Villar Flor – The Dangerous Edge of Spanish Holidays: Graham Greene, Leopoldo Durán and MI6
- Christopher Hull – Our Thespians in Havana: Filming Our Man in early-Revolutionary Cuba
- Dr Andrei Gorzo – His Very Personal Religion of Man
- Dr Creina Mansfield – Every Night Something Awful: Basil Dean and Graham Greene
- Dr Creina Mansfield & Baroness Claire Fox – A Good Read
- Maria Jany – Graham Greene on Stage: A German Perspective
- Ian Williams – Imagining Greene for the Cyber Age
- Jon Wise & Mike Hill – What a life a bibliographer’s must be: Graham Greene 1964
- Lucas Townsend – Ian Fleming’s and Graham Greene’s Intertextual Thrillers
- Mike Hill – Guns for Sale: Greene’s ‘A Gun for Sale’ in context
- Philip Hormbrey – Graham Greene, A Teller of Tales and The Mill
- Prof David Wilson – Pinkie Brown, Psychopaths and A Plot to Kill
- Professor Richard Greene – Interview: Greene on Greene
- Richard Hough and Ben Morales Frost interviewed by Mike Hill – A musical version of Our Man in Havana
- Svetlana Dimcovic – Greene in the Stalls
- William Boyd – The Captain and the Enemy: Greene’s last published novel and the complex problems of a film adaptation
The Graham Greene Festival 2019 – talk recordings
Please click on the links below to listen to recordings of the talks from the 2019 Graham Greene Festival.
- Lucinda Cummings-Kilmer
- Professor Kevin Ruane
- Bryony Lavery and Esther Richardson Mark Lawson
- Revd. Canon Emeritus Professor David Jasper
- Miles Hyman Jean-Luc Fromental Dr Brigitte Timmermann
- Sarah Rainsfordt
- Sir Vince Cable, former Leader of the Liberal Democrats
- Geoffrey Wansell
- Johanne Elster Hanson
- Dr Tamás Molnár and Dr Ramón Portas
The Graham Greene Festival 2018 – talk recordings
Please click on the links below to listen to recordings of the talks from the 2018 Graham Greene Festival.
- Angela Allen & Brigitte Timmermann – Celebrating the 70th Anniversary of The Making of the Third Man
- Dr. Beatriz Valverde Jiménez – Known and Not-So-Known Literary Outcomes
- Father Markbosco – Coloring Catholicism Greene in the Age of Pope Francis
- Francois Gallix – the Book that Greene Never Wrote
- Jeremy Front – A Journey With Maps
- John Baxter – Adventures in the Greene Trade
- Jon Wise – Graham Greene’s ‘The Virtue of Disloyalty’
- Karin Hofler – The Third Man Museum
- Robin Lustig – Journalists and Novelists, Facts and Truth
- Roderick Strange – Graham Greene, Treachery and Trust
The Graham Greene Festival 2017 – talk recordings
Please click on the links below to listen to recordings of the talks from the 2017 Graham Greene Festival.
- Andrew Lownie – Guy Burgess, Soviet Spy and Graham Greene
- Louise Doughty – Writing Modern Fiction
- Mike Hill – Graham Greene Berkhamsted and the unfinished novel Lucius
- Peter James – Brighton and Beyond: Writing Modern Crime Fiction
- Pierre Joannon – Graham Greene and the Honorary Consul
- Professor Kevin Ruane – Our Man in Hanoi
- Professor Michael Meeuwis – Five Lives of the Congo Journal
- Rev Giles Fraser – The Priesthood and Graham Greene’s writing
- Tim Hetherington – Judging a book by its cover
The Graham Greene Festival 2019 – programme, speaker profiles and session details
Please click on the link below.
The Graham Greene International Festival – the complete listing
The Graham Greene International Festival has been an annual event in Berkhamsted since 1998. During that time the Trust organisers and festival directors have welcomed over 150 guest speakers and screened over forty films adapted from Greene’s books. Here is a complete listing of the speakers, the titles of their talks and the films which have been shown:
Berkhamsted School Special Collection
Details of the Berkhamsted School Special Collection can be accessed as a PdF by clicking the box below:
Graham Greene Collection
An outline summary of the 1,927 items in the Graham Greene Collection can be accessed by clicking the box below. This collection includes photographs, many taken at past festivals, audiotapes and dvds of talks given at the festivals, back numbers of A Sort of Newsletter, artwork including cartoons, newspaper cuttings of book reviews and some transcripts of interviews and essays.
Enquiries about accessing this important archive can be made by contacting the archivist via the email address on the Dacorum Heritage Trust website homepage: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graham Greene Quotations
The late Rudolf E. van Dalm’s study and selection of quotations, ‘Graham Greene at Random’, can be downloaded free as a PdF by clicking the tab below: